Below are some patient resource websites related to cataract surgery:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) – EyeSmart: https://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/what-is-cataract-surgery
- National Eye Institute (NEI): https://www.nei.nih.gov/learn-about-eye-health/eye-conditions-and-diseases/cataracts/cataract-surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS): https://ascrs.org/patients/cataract-surgery
- Mayo Clinic – Cataract Surgery: https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cataract-surgery/about/pac-20384765
- Cleveland Clinic – Cataract Surgery: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/17105-cataract-surgery
- WebMD – Cataract Surgery: https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/cataracts/what-to-expect-from-cataract-surgery
These websites provide valuable information about cataract surgery, including the surgical process, potential risks, benefits, and recovery. They can be helpful resources for patients seeking to learn more about the procedure and make informed decisions about their eye health.
Here are some patient resource sites for Corneal Transplantation:
- National Keratoconus Foundation: While not specifically about Fuchs Dystrophy, this organization provides a wealth of information on corneal diseases and treatments, including corneal transplants.
- Fuchs’ Friends: This is an online support group for people with Fuchs Dystrophy. It’s a great place to find community and share experiences.
- Fuchs Dystrophy Research Association: This site provides information about Fuchs Dystrophy, research updates, and resources for patients.
- The Corneal Dystrophy Foundation: This organization provides information about various types of corneal dystrophy, including Fuchs Dystrophy.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology – EyeWiki: EyeWiki is the Eye Encyclopedia written by eye physicians and surgeons. It covers a broad spectrum of eye conditions including Fuchs Dystrophy and corneal transplants.
- National Eye Institute: This U.S. government site provides a wealth of information on various eye diseases and conditions, including Fuchs Dystrophy.
- Moorfields Eye Hospital: This UK-based eye hospital’s website provides a wide range of patient resources, including detailed information about Fuchs Dystrophy and corneal transplant procedures.
- Cornea Research Foundation of America: This organization provides information on corneal diseases and treatments, and conducts research on improving corneal transplant outcomes.
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS): ASCRS offers information about various eye conditions and surgeries, including Fuchs Dystrophy and corneal transplants.
- Eye Bank Association of America: This site includes information about the process of corneal transplantation and the importance of eye donation.
Please remember that while these websites can provide useful information, they should not replace professional medical advice. Always consult with your healthcare provider for personalized medical advice.